Saturday, April 25, 2015

Deweys Readathon

 Update Hours 8-13
I finally finished the book yay! Perhaps a 464 page book wasn't the best one to start for the readathon, but I had started it earlier in the week (I was about 60 pages in) and wanted to finish it. I did, and I think it did me in. I ended up really enjoying the book, even if it was about 100 pages to long.  I'm not sure I have it in me to do any more reading, but maybe I just need a break for a bit.
 
Mid Event survey: 
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished The Royal We
2. How many books have you read so far? A grand total of one!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm not sure what or if I'll be reading more. This one kinda did me in.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?Yes! I took one nap and the pets have been on a lets see how many times we can whine to get Colette's attention kick.  They've had so many treats it's not funny.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I haven't been more active doing mini challenges.
Update Hours 7-8
I am still reading The Royal We, and it feels like it will never ever end, but I am enjoying it--even it is glorified fan fiction of William/Kate.


Update: Hours 1-6
I have not yet finished the book I started  and it's one I started earlier in the week:






















 Food consumed: Eggs and corn pops
Drinks: One can of coke
Naps: 1
Pages read: I've read about30% of The Royal We from where I started at. It's slow going.

 Intro Meme:

What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 
Ohio, where the sky is gray and it's a whole 49 degrees according to weather.com, but I'm sure they are wrong because it feels much colder out!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
All For You by Laura Florand
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Rice Krispy treats, which I still have to make and buy. :)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I always hate these things! I'm the distance assistant for author Gini Koch, proud aunt of Charlie and dog mom of Cleo. :) Three years ago I only read UF and PNR. Now I've swung the other direction and only read contemporary romance.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to
I haven't done a read-a-thon in awhile,  mainly because of my work schedule but today I'll be taking lots of breaks to do memes and visiting other blogs. I'll also try to post everything readathon related in this post so I don't have 20 million posts all relatively the same.